Monday, October 16, 2017

Week 66 - 15 months in the capital has come to an end

October 16, 2017

WOW Just a lot has been happening!

Well, since I have arrived to the Mission field, I have been in the Capital City of Buenos Aires. In All of my Zones! But, my 15 month streak (Which is a lot) has come to an End. I have been transferred to Garin, and (My moms gonna like this) Its the first area I have been in that's not on the top 5 most dangerous areas in the Mission hahaha. 

My new Companion is Elder Ortiz from Peru, we knew each other beforehand pretty well, so this should be fun!

First off, Last sunday we went to go see our investigator Lizeth, who was SOO discouraged! We were so upset, we didn't know what happened, so we prayed that she could still be baptized on Friday (Like we had planned). We left her the homework to keep praying and reading the scriptures.

But there was a problem, we weren't going to be able to see her until Thursday, which is a LOT of time for Satan to work.

On Thursday we asked her in our lesson how she felt for Friday. Her reaction was COMPLETELY the opposite of Sunday. She read and prayed EVERY DAY and felt peace for her baptism the following day. 

Did you think that was the big Miracle of the week? Because if you did...
You are Wrong

While it was a Miracle, another bigger one happened.

A Month ago we had to stop working with an investigator, Samantha, who had tried to be baptized, but due to the fact that she lives with her boyfriend in Bolivia, our President who did her interview said that she had to go back to Bolivia to be baptized.

On Friday, she found us in the street and asked us to baptize her, and we had to explain to her again why she couldn't be baptized. So she asked "Well can I talk to your President again?" While normally it takes a lot of work and planning to get President out to an interview, By some Miracle, ;)  He was already at our church doing interviews with some Elders who share the ward with us.

She Passed the Interview! I still am not clear how, But President told us afterwards that she had done all the Arranges, and she was baptized on Saturday 

Miracles.

After Samantha and Lizeth were baptized I felt weird, I literally felt my time in Chacabuco had reached its end, when they were confirmed. Chacabuco has been a DREAM to me, and I have LOVED IT!! These people in this ward Have become my family in a way that I didn't see possible. 
So when I felt calm that my time had come, I was also very sad.

Elder Amaya called me to confirm my feeling, that today I would leave to Garin. I Am so excited to be here! The Zone is great, and I can't wait to serve the people and Elders here, but I have definitely left part of my heart back there in the Villa!

I Love You All!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elder J Ryan


Saying goodbye to Elder Atkinson


Mamita Dalba

Baptisms of Lizeth and Samantha 











 

No comments:

Post a Comment