Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Week 57 - Field Trip!

August 14, 2017

Alright, this was a weird week. Two big things: One, I've gotten really fat in the Chacabuco Ward, way too much free peruvian food. And I left the mission to Santa Fe, Argentina this week.

Wow this week flew by! From Wednesday night to Sunday Night I was in exchanges. So I wasn't with Elder Amaya much, except for at night when we would get back together in the apartment.

The only big and AWESOME announcement with the teaching is the Ballesteros family!! Theres 5 in the Family, Edgar and Yaneth are the parents, and the three Kids, Roberto, Jenifer, and Cristian. Edgar, Cristian and Roberto will get baptized this weekend, they were able to come for the 3rd time yesterday!! 

The problem has been the Mom, and the daughter Jenifer. The mom works in the Hospital, and the daughter (Shes 15) prefers to study math than talk to us, we`re still working on helping her.

But this last week in divisions with Elder Bellus, we taught the family the 10 commandments, and we taught them pretty strictly in how they are. The mom, Yaneth, Asked us why she couldn't get baptized this next weekend as well, and we explained its because she has to go to church first. 

After the lesson she started marking a bunch of verses about the Sabbath Day, and even though I wasn't at church to see it, she went!!!!!!

I'll now explain why I didn't go to church on Sunday as a missionary (Yes unbelievable sinner that I am)

So, Sunday was the National Voting day in Argentina, and its Mandatory that every citizen votes, and that they vote in their city of residence. There is an Elder in our zone, Elder Ojeda, from Santa Fe, and he, and all argentine missionaries, had to go home yesterday to vote. And I was asked to go with him for the ride! hahaha.

So at 4 am we left in a taxi for like a 7 hour drive to Santa Fe, and I found out that Argentina does have a pretty side. We passed through a Ton of green Valleys filled with rivers and trees! It was an awesome break of the City. Santa fe was like a Small Buenos Aires. Afterwards we came back and got home at about 7pm. 

The Bishop of my ward then called me and told me to come over to the church so that he could bless the sacrament for me :)

And thats how I left the mission... haha

Alright, Love you all!!!! 
Elder Ryan















 

No comments:

Post a Comment