Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Week 88 - Visit from Elder Packer

March 19, 2017

Quite a cool week!!
On Wednesday, we had a visit from Elder Packer, of the Seventy. He is one of the counselors in our Area Presidency. 

Me and Elder Christensen had to wake up at 4 am to get to a meeting with Elder Packer and all the other Zone leaders, before we started the special conference. To start the meeting, Elder Packer and Sister Packer came and shook each of our hands. Sister Packer asked me where I was from, and I told her Kaysville. She asked me which Junior High, and I said Centennial. She then told me her son teaches there, and sure enough Mr Michael Packer was my 8th grade history teacher. hahaha he was one of my Favorite teachers!! I never knew his dad was a 70 and that his Grandpa was an Apostle!! (Boyd k. Packer)

The conference was very good!! He helped us see the missionary work from an Apostles perspective! And he taught us the importance of having the Spirit here in the work! You could just feel the excitement to start changing, and find new ways to work even better in the missionary work!

Later on Friday we had FHE with a member family and with our investigator family, Francisco and Ludmila. We found them a few weeks back and they are progressing so well!! They are the best! We're not sure when they'll be baptized, but they can in any moment! In the FHE we talked about temples, and how they are lights to all! It was a very cool lesson.

Saturday we had an activity with the Elders quorum where me and Elder Christensen Taught everyone how to make Tacos. Francisco came, it was super fun!! 

Love Y'all!! 

Have a Great Week!!

Elder Ryan









No comments:

Post a Comment